For security and privacy reasons, Spot On does not have access to any of your data. It is all stored locally on your device, or if you have Automatic Save enabled, it is backed up on your iCloud or Google Drive. We recommend periodically exporting your data as a precautionary measure, to ensure you never lose valuable information. To export or import your data, follow the instructions below:
To export your data:
- Go to the 'Profile' tab in Spot On
- Tap on the 'Settings' cog in the upper right hand corner
- Tap 'Export Data'
- Tap 'Export My Spot On Data'
- Send your data file to yourself to a place you can find it later (text, email, Slack, etc.)
To import your data:
- Open Spot On
- Open the app on your phone where your data was sent (email, text, etc.)
- Open your data file and tap on the upload icon (if you do not see this icon, tap on the screen and it should appear)
- Select 'Copy to Spot On' or 'Open with Spot On'
If you're backing up using iCloud, your data will automatically populate in Spot On. If you're using Google Drive, you'll need to locate your backed up files within your Google Drive, and manually import them into the app.